Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JPEG export quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRuiz

Marine/Ocean
Apr 24, 2008
ES

Please, I'm trying to export a view from NX 5 as a JPEG, but the result has no quality enough. How can I change it?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The export is just a screen capture and uses the resolution of your display. If you want something better you may have to use Studio Render since you have complete control over the resolution of the image, but then it will not be the display but rather a rendering of the model, which is NOT same thing.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

VRuiz,

Are you meaning a view shown on a drawing or a model view?

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

You can output Tiff, Jpeg, GIF or PNG I think. I don't think that in standard mode you get better than screen resolution with any one over the others, but you may have a preference. JPEG is usually the best for size and convenience.

Also even without extra licenses you can use the top three types on the pull down menu (Flat, Gouraud, Phong). You get better resolution with these and can even set up materials to some extent, (they look much better with the Studio rendering license). You can change the preferences to increase the resolution using that method.

Best regards

Hudson

BOP,

If you're looking at a list of licenses that you have or a quote with that name used then I would be 99% sure that it is the correct name. However is can also be contained with in a bundle for some purposes so depending where you look for the information you may also see it referred to as part of a Studio Bundle.

With the images being imported on to faces you may have to convert them to tiff format but yes it will do that. We use it from time to time to trace styling and occasionally to place a logo for sales purposes.

Best regards

Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back