Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Just to let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonBoyd

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2002
CA
I am an 8 year veteran of Solidworks, I have recently been hired with a company that uses Inventor, I am finding no problems for the most part, But With some of the things I feel I'm missing something here. More Questions to come....
:)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, rockguy ! Great video, we all enjoyed it here, SW and Inventor users alike ! Over the years, I've see many similar examples from Autodesk and other large organizations, creative people with a sense of humor about the business that they're in, we could all learn from this !

Hello guys,

I have been following this thread for some time now and I think you guys have gone to far. I don't use Inventor or Solidworks so there is no way I can tell which one is better and to tell you the truth, I don't care! Being a Solid Edge user I visit the Inventor and Solidworks forums for the simple purpose of obtaining knowledge that might be of use to me and where possible will I share my knowledge.

When are we going to stop fighting over nothing and realize that we can all make this world a better place by sharing knowledge with disregard to race, religion or what software you use?

Solid Edge V18 SP5 on WinXP SP2

Well spoken, toffeet ! If you read my posts carefully, you will note that I do not engage in personal attacks, just observations based on 3 decades in engineering, and some comparitive facts about competitive products. I am fortunate to be in a position to choose my own CAD software, most of my co-workers are not. I suspect that many CAD software selections are made by non-engineering personnel, that is unfortunately the case here. We do have a senior scientist here who uses SolidEdge, never a complaint and he does some fine work !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back