Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Justification of notes in weld symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossob

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2007
AU
Just wondering if I am missing something with the manipulation of text notes that are added to weld symbols?

When I go to add a note to a weld symbol (with leader on the LHS, text as standard is left justified) that uses more than one line, I have to manually add spaces to the start of each line, so the text doesn't overlap the weld symbol. (See attached picture, top weld symbol)

Alternatively, if I then wish to move that weld symbol so the leader points to the right, I have to add spaces to the end of each line of text to manually align it, so the text doesn't overlap the weld symbol.(See attached picture, bottom weld symbol)

I cannot seem to find any text-alignment options, as there are with normal notes. Am I missing something, or is it just something that will have to be done each time we create a weld symbol?

Ross
NX6.0.1.5 WinXP SP2
TC V10.0.2.4
SolidWorks 2007

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can solve your problem when the arrow is to the 'left' but I can't for when you switch to the 'right'.

Just try a different Font other than 'helios_con_lt'. The closest that I found in appearance and which that works OK is 'ge_font5'. Of course it also works OK with the standard 'blockfont', which is why our testing probably never caught anything.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back