kadkey19 on 64bit machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreddguy

Industrial
May 10, 2011
US
Good morning first post...
anybody out there tried to run cadkey 19 on a 64bit operating system? we have some neew machines and need to get to some legacy data from time to time. Thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shreddguy,

In this thread, 2Old2 mentioned he was running Cadkey on a 64bit machine:

I have not tried it myself yet, but will need to in the near future since I'll be changing over to Win7 64 bit.

One word of warning on CK19 is that it uses FlexLM and if you have newer machines but don't have the USB dongle ($600 -ridiculous!) you may have issues with licensing since it latches onto your hard drive serial number. I'm not sure if you'll have luck getting new licenses or not.

I have CK19 but it stays in the box and I still run CK99 for this reason.

Kyle

I just updated to a Win7 64 bit machine and haven’t loaded CK19 yet but have read on the Cadkey forum that it will run fine. You may have to run it in XP compatible mode on some hardware. Some of the CDE programs, like Dynamouse may not work but it sounds like you won’t need that for legacy files. KeyCreator 10/2011 runs great on a 64 bit machine with SSD. Any licensing issues can easily be address through their website if you have proof of ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back