Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep Materials when Mirroring Part/Product in Assembly Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEAEAEAE

Aerospace
Dec 16, 2011
US
Hi everyone,

I have an assembly that is 45,000+ parts and have applied materials to all of those parts. I would now like to mirror the assembly. I was planning on using the symmetry command in the Assembly Design workbench under the Assembly Features toolbar, but using this command I cannot figure out a way to carry the materials over from the original parts to the mirrored parts. Does anyone know any methods to getting around this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well if I'm in aseembly design and I apply a material from the default material catalog and then try to mirror the part using the "symmetry" command, the new mirrored part doesn't retain the material that the original part had. Are there any settings or methods which do retain the material for the mirrored part?

Just to be clear, I'm not interested in the "Mechanical Properties" that can be found by right clicking and a part and selecting properties. I'm interested in the materials which add color/texture to the part.

Depending on your version of Catia and perhaps your settings in Tools/Options/Infrastructure/Part Infra - Part Document -- Inherit graphic properties..

download.aspx

Specific colours/layers on solids and the material from the catalog.

This is V5-6R2013

Win 7
23SP5/24SP3, 3DVIA Composer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back