Kingsine or Ponovo experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenHandasyde

Electrical
Jun 28, 2019
AU
Hi all,

I am looking at a secondary injection set for the business and I have come across brands Kingsine and Ponovo which are priced quiet sharply. Search results have shown some threads from circa 2013. Does anyone have an experience with them since then?. They appear to sell a few of them around the world so I assume they must somewhat work. I hire/use a CMC256/356 which does a great job but like everything thats great its not cheap.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven’t seen or heard of these units in use in the United States. As you mentioned Omicron and Doble are popular. What are your needs? Automated testing or simple testing and a 3 phase source?

My company has 6 Dobles and an Omicron. We also have 2 Megger-Sverker 900’s. The Sverkers are about $18k, 3 phase voltage/current and very very easy to use. You can get a test report out of them, but we don’t bother (easier on paper). It’s got built in metering and external inputs so watts, var, PF, PHASE ANGLE, etc. The voltage and current outputs are very powerful and flexible because each channel is independent and can be wired in series or parallel. I use ours for primary injection of CCVTs and current through large ring bus/breaker and 1/2 schemes during commissioning. Set it up turn it on and go. No PC required. Great for SCADA analog injection as well.

With the high dollar units, I really think it’s important to have a local/regional support center that speaks your language and can handle repairs/ calibration.

There are many customers out there that will specify using a Doble or Enoserve SW, particularly utilities or large plants because they want to be able to put your results in their databases.

I have a customer with a Kingsine unit, while it doesn't get much use it seems to have some issue with stability and accuracy, especially when compared to my Omicron CMC353. The customer doesn't use it much, mainly to verify power metering. But we have found support for the unit is pretty poor in the USA, and a local calibration shop that does a number of other brands of relay test sets (including mine) will no longer do calibrations on the Kingsine units. Not sure why, but it may just be a case of poor manufacturer support.

Their price point makes them attractive, but it may really be a case of you get what you pay for.

Hope that helps, MikeL.

Thanks guys I did not think of the Fact that customers may mandate equipment used to test assets, also the fact that Kingsine cannot be calibrated in the US makes me think there is no chance is Australia. Ponovo may still be a possibility and i will continue looking.

Thanks for the Help.

Mike said:
and a local calibration shop that does a number of other brands of relay test sets (including mine) will no longer do calibrations on the Kingsine units.
You may consider checking with local calibration shops foe a second opinion.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Dear Ben

I have a friend from Melbourne with a new secondary injection set brand, named VEBKO Amt105 unit[reading], it's compared to Omicron CMC356 [flip] with hight accuracy to my ponovo PW336i, with much pretty price. He uses the device, usually in his PV Project, mainly to verify power metering, directional, differential protection, and calibrated in Trescal Group Australia, they are very familiar with all protective devices and experts in measurement and and calibration..hope my advice take a consideration from your side, and save your money[thumbsup2], also you can go with the SVERKER 900, very practical but useful in analog injection as well only[pc3].

Hope this helps, Nelly

Vebko_Amt105_Tester_kaies_abdaoui_mrnxbx.png

photo_2018-11-07_14-28-46_cxseqb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back