Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Komatsu Press Brake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rphillips

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2003
US
Looking at buying a 1986 220 ton Komatsu Press Brake. I'm looking for some opinions Good or Bad!!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When we were shopping for a used press brake about two years ago, I believe we found that while the Komatsu was still made and serviced in Japan, it was no longer marketed in the US. If I recall correctly, they had no support for existing machines stateside.
Someone else may have better info.
Griffy

I do not think that the above post is the case. We recently sold a used Komatsu mechanical press that ended up not being the right selection for our application and considered buying a new Komatsu servo press. We ended going to a Greenerd hydraulic press because there was uncertainty that the servo was going to accomplish what we needed.

Even though the Komatsu mechnical press did not work for our particular application, I found that the press was a top end piece of a equipment and that the level of service and support from Komatsu was second to none.

As far as I know Komatsu is still in operation in the US and can be reached at:

Komatsu America Industries, LLC
199 East Thorndale Avenue
Wood Dale, IL 60191

Phone: 630.860.3000
Fax: 630.860.5680
info@kaic.com

Good luck,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back