Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Labview with data analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlo943

Electrical
Jan 29, 2008
GB
New to this but looking for some advice. I am buildng an engine dyno as a bit of a personal project to test some engines that I build . I am converting an old manual type dyno to try and display the feedback from the sensors and possibly control one valve. I am planning to use the usb1208ls from measurent computing to get the signals to the computer, But that is as far as I have got so far. Has anybody used this device to connect to labview and display data? or can anybody offer advice on an easier way to collect the data. I have access to various signal convertors as will be using rtds and 4-20ma or 0-10v input signals , so will sort out the signal side of things but have no real experience when the data gets to the computer. I presume labview can be setup to display these values through the usb device which I have stated , can anybody offer any advice?? Thanks in anticipation of your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven't used that particular device, but they have Labview drivers according to their website. Assuming that those drivers work properly, then yes, Labview can be setup to display the captured values pretty easily.

The ability to quickly get a graphical UI with graphs and different sorts of indicators up and running is Labview's biggest strength in my eyes. The only real questions to answer are how fast you need to capture the data. The 1.2kS/s is pretty slow and the input lines are multiplexed, so if you're acquiring data on four channels, your max rate is going to be 300S/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back