Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lamiflex baffle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar251183

Mechanical
May 5, 2013
Dear Readers,
this may be simple q to all but as i m fresher in the field will be explain the lamiflex baffle and its code reference for study?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think there is no such thing as a "lamiflex baffle".

There is a company named LAMIFLEX that makes seal products. Maybe it is a seal for a baffle?

Good luck,
Latexman

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Well, shows you just never know...

I had never paid much attention to this forum, as I didn't believe I could contribute anything useful, not being a thermal guy and all.

sagar251183, a "lamiflex" baffle is a generic term (like Kleenex) for a type of seal on a long baffle in shell and tube HX's. It consists of mulitple leaves of thin metal strip (usually SS) bolted to the long baffle to seal against the shell. Most often used in removable bundles, but not 100%.

No Code references to this, it is not pressure retaining, primary structure, etc. Rather look in TEMA and/or HEI standards. Even there, not much exists. For an elaborate (and expensive) implementation, search on Kempchen Seal.
Regards,

Mike

Thanks Latexmen and specially Mike.
Mike, TEMA doesnt say anything about this but your information is very usefull thanks again.
Regards
SAGAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back