Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Large format plotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tstover

Mechanical
Feb 6, 2007
US
My company is looking for a new large format printer. We currently use an Epson stylus pro 9000 but it's reaching the end of it's life cycle. I've found a couple Hp's for around 4k that were looking at and the would be the top of our price range.
Does anyone have any bias in this area? We would mostly print from Solidworks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

It may look like thread hijacking, but it is not! It is just very closely related to this thread.
Is it wise to try to find a large format printer rental to cut some expenses. Idea behind: we need to print only when project is going (~6 months), then we have some quiet period, e.g. no large format prints (~3-6 months). Or buying it is still a better idea?

Antons
AS Sidrabe
Solidworks 07, 5.0, CSWP

Hi Tstover

I just sold our companies old 36" HP450C on Ebay for $680 just before Christmas. We replaced the unit with a newer model. The Old models work fine and are built like brick outhouses compared to the new ones.

The only thing is, they are slow. If you can put up with that, finding a used model is probably a good idea. I often see them on Dovebid industrial auctions. Hopefully you can find one from someone who will show you it running.

Best Regards

Adrian Dunevein
AAA Drafting Services

SW2006 Office Pro. SP4.1

I agree with Adrian2. We have both an HP 450C and the newer 500 model. The 450C still works after 10+ years and the 500 is about 5x faster. Depends on how much printing you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back