Large Parabolic Panel Reflectors for 10 Ghz EME

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtulmehtap

Military
Nov 23, 2009
TR
Dear All,
We will try to construct a Cassegrain Antenna for 10 Ghz EME.
We need to construct a large (at least 5 mt.) Parabolic Dish.
We don't want to buy a one piece reflector, we want to buy panel reflectors to build it.
Unfortunately we are having trouble finding a supplier for Large Parabolic Reflector Panels.
Any help would be appreciated...
Thanx in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't understand your question. If the supplier of a 5m dish is going to ship it to you, it's going to be delivered in sections (probably panels). Otherwise it's not going to fit into the truck.

This actually answers my question, So if I choose a 5m or larger antenna I get the Panels.
So which companies are producing professional grade Earth Station Antennas?

Prodelin or Andrew Corp.
I recently purchased a 15 foot diameter reflector from Prodelin and I'm assembling it starting Monday.

The reflecting surfaces is 8 identical sections and each section is made up of a larger part with a smaller section bolted to the outer edge of the larger section (smaller section is 22" long and longer is 68"). You can unbolt this smaller seciton to make a smaller diameter antenna.

f/d =.39

Kch
PS: by the way, to make an efficient reflector, the f/d ratio and the feed beamwidth have to correlate. If you use a small f/d you need a low gain feed and larger f/d needs a higher gain feed antenna to optimize efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back