Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laser Cutting s/s with plastic film on bottom (N2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserguy04

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2004
NZ
Hi, our laser is an Amada lc-667 II and moves the sheet rather than the cutting head, we have been trying to put the plastic side of the sheet on the bottom to protect it from marking from the balls but we keep getting a burr on the bottom edge. My question is has anyone else tried this? and did you find a solution to getting rid of the burr?

Cheers,

Jamie.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We had a similar problem although ours was related to reducing handling damage rather than damage caused by moving the sheet over the table. We spent a lot of time on this and discussed it with our machine tool supplier. Sadly we did not come up with a satisfactory solution, although we did have some success of thin (0.7mm) stainless sheet and aluminium (0.9mm) it wasn't repeatable.

I our case the majority of these parts were routed back through our punch.

can anyone give me anymore info on black lenses for cutting s/s. im using a standard lense for all jobs m/s and s/s. concerned that the lense im using is becoming worn to quickly. have been told that using a black lense would be better for cutting s/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back