Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

laser sheave alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Industrial
Aug 11, 2006
US
Good morning,
My team and I are researching different brands of laser sheave alignment tool. We've been to different trade shows and seen a lot of nice products. If any one has a suggestion or recommendation we are open to all. We are tring to keep it simple and cost effective and need to be able to convince the brass it's worth the investment. Any and all feed back will be appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

THANK YOU THIS IS MY FIRST TIME USING A FORUM FOR QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTION I CAN SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING TO BE A VAULABLE TOOL.

A laser tool is very useful. Make sure the product you buy will fit all of the belt drive machines that you have. The lower cost models all use visible targets while a few of the most expensive products offer numerical measurements. Make sure you have one or more belt tension tools and precut shims so that you can align and tension belts in one job.

Walt

Be sure to purchase also the necessary training for your craftsman. We recently purchased a laser alignment kit for our millwrights. The transition was seamless because they already had a very strong foundation in alignment using dial indicators. Their comments: "it is much more faster with the laser!"
The next step is the add-on for belt alignment, which is an expansion of the current equipment. If you already have a laser alignment kit, check if it is expandable.

Just with computers: it can speed up things, even the mess you are creating ... [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back