Lateral displacement values of soil structure model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odai Shahin

Geotechnical
Feb 23, 2023
PS
Hello all
i'm trying to do a verification process of a numerical soil structure model in Abaqus by comparing its response with experiment shaking table results
for the fixed base case, the results of natural frequency and lateral deflection (which is calculated by subtracting the base displacement from story displacement) were in good agreement with the experiment shaking table results
however, for soil structure model, the natural frequency result were approximately match the experiment shaking table result but for lateral deflection
when I calculate it by subtracting the base displacement from story displacement, the values are even less than the fixed base case results
I attached pic shown the soil structure model displacement along earthquake excitation and displacement vs time figure at storey no. 15
please I urgently need help with this issue and I appreciate any cooperation
Thank you
Screenshot_2023-04-20_183242_ijpkke.png
Screenshot_2023-04-20_183350.png1_c1blh1.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It’s pretty much impossible to say without all the necessary details (including data from experiments) or, possibly, file with the model. And even then it might be very difficult to find a reason for the discrepancy but at least some tips could be given.

I'm trying to validate soil structure interaction and fixed base numerical analysis that was calculated in abaqus with the previously done shaking table test (Tabatabaiefar et al. 2014), The scaled frame structure is made of steel, with a height of 1.5 m and width of 0.4 m, the material properties used are as shown in table below
Screenshot_2023-04-21_000400.png2_g0unce.png

I'm also attaching the image for the arrangement of the experiment
Screenshot_2023-04-21_000444.png3_qtfiy3.png

any tips would be highly grateful
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back