Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lathe cross section in NX6

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamccrac

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2004
US
Is lathe cross section supported in NX6? I keep losing the geometry created by the lathe cross section operation at various times in CAM process. I am working with multiple components of assemblies in one file. The data loss is not consistent across each component (lathe x section is used for each), where some are ok and some are rotated from the original plane where taken, and some are just plain gone. This is requiring a lot of rework when using this operation. Could this be a user issue considering working assemblies here? Or would section curves be more desired by NX6?

PMc
CNC Programmer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Spun Outline works well with assemblies. The only problem I have with it is with a complex model it does not work consistently. You may need to link the body to the assembly and use synchronous modeling to delete the holes and pockets to get the spun outline to work. A little extra work but worth the effort. The Lathe Cross section is very old and not reliable.

John Joyce
Tata Technologies
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

NX3,4,5,6 Solid Works, Pro/e, Solid Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back