Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Laundry equipment heat gains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalikot

Mechanical
Sep 1, 2008
PH
How can I calculate the heat gains (airconditioning load) of the laundry equipment? KW = steam rate X enthalpy x factor? Where can I get equipment factor?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This a Big Commercial or maybe a Hospital Laundry?

If its of any scale, its an air handler exercise.

If its a Local Coin Op: Triple the normal for the Sq Ft of space, like it was a retail store....And take controll of the drier intakes.

And the chemistry can be fun even then...

Most of the heat input goes down the drain with the wash water...Most of the AC load comes from the water steaming off the clothes or ?? when they are removed from the machines. The heat losses from the machine enclosures are substantial but fairly simple to identify...The surface temps can't go past 115 at 90 ambient so unless there is forced air circulation from them you will only encounter about a 70 to 90 BTU/Sq. Ft. of SM heat loss...

The much larger topic: How many CFM to the Driers and in what form are you going to supply it if you are going to keep the surroundings cool?

The project is a hotel laundry. Our scheme is to feed by air handling unit.I think the most of the loads will come from fresh air from drier, press machines and washing machines. I saw many laundries that are poorly airconditioned due to a/c equipment sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back