Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Layers in "Quick Select" not in alphabetical order

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickcur

Civil/Environmental
May 23, 2003
US
I cannot find a way to get the layers in the quick select dialog box under object properties to list in alphabetical order. I checked the "maxsort" system variable and the value is 300 which is much higher than the number of layers in my drawing. It is very difficult to try and pick objects by layer name when they are all over the place. It makes "quick select" become
"S L O W S E L E C T". Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Rickc

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Rick,
it's an Autodesk-bug...
I wait on solutions too
Lothar

Win NT4.0 (SP6),
ACAD 2000i (SP2), ADT 3.0 (SP3),
ACAD 2002, ADT 3.3,
OCÈ 5200

I had this same problem but just changed my MAXSORT (typed in the command line) to 400 and it was solved. However I did once manage to do it by copying the entire drawing using edit copy, openening a new autocad window and pasting the entire drawing back in.

Just a thought

Jamie

The layer list in the object properties quick select drop down is controlled by the maxsort variable. I would first try increasing the value to some ungodly amount before I presume that there is a bug with the system. If you can set the maxsort value to say 1000 and it still is not sorted, then you definitely do have a problem. I have never experienced it, but then again, I seldom use over 30 layers.
Good luck and let us know of any progress you make in this area.

Cheers

I suppose that answers that question now doesn't it. I would have suspected that Autodesk would include the sorting of all lists in anything they develop. Shoot I do! Go figure....
Now we all know a little bit more, and alas are no better off because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back