Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layers in solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian01

Mechanical
May 1, 2003
GB
I use Solidworks and translate into DWG for Autocad, Does anyone know of a way to force the hidden lines on Solidworks to be put on a different layer, so when imported as a dwg into Autocad, they also use a seperate layer.

This would be a god send.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look into the custom mapping options. Here you can specify destination color, linetype, and layer for different types of SW drawing entities. You will find it under entity mapping.

Under the options in the "Save As" dialog, go to Options. Check the box for "Custom mapping...". After you save the file, the custom mapping dialog appears. You want to work with the options under the middle tab of this menu.

[bat]All this machinery making modern music can still be open-hearted.[bat]

Thank you I have managed to get solidworks to force a layer in autocad, and also to change the colour as requested, However I can't seem to find anywhere where solidworks directs the hidden lines onto a specific layer, assume this would then force the lines onto a layer in autocad.

Nearly there I thing, right colours and line types, just all on one layer when force in autocad.

Under the "Map enntities" tab, press the "Add" button. Select "Hidden lines" in the "entity" drop down box. You can then select the destination color, layer, and linefont for the hidden lines.

[bat]All this machinery making modern music can still be open-hearted.[bat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back