Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lazy river pool design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbroms

Civil/Environmental
Jun 10, 2008
US
I have a friend/client who wants a small lazy river to be designed with his future pool. I can't find much out there on lazy river pools. I do know that they have to be at least 5' wide and 2'6" deep for comfort, but I don't know how much (shotcrete/rebar) reinforcement is needed so it won't crack. I also don't know how many jets-per-length I would need to maintain flow. The pool design would be a simple rectange(pool) with a smashed circle(lazy river) connected to the top. It would look similar to the "Helpful Tip" lightbulb icon on this forum.
If anyone could point me in the correct direction, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
mrbroms

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This might sounds stupid, but why not just build the lazy river to the same specs as the main pool (rebar, shotcrete, etc). As for the jets, the concept of the lazy river is to basically float along at a really slow pace, so my thought would be to have three jets at every 90-degree angle and then one jet on each side every 5-10 feet or so near the top to keep a tube with a person in it moving along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back