Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lean duplex 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Members like metengr, ed,unclesyd,mcguire can start a fan club for their admirers. We are very fortunate to have them contribute actively. It is a learning phase everyday for me and everyday I know how shallow is my knowlege. There is so much to know and diseminate. Perhaps some colleges should take a lead and give their students assignments based on the responses given by our learned members.

Ed is correct. All pipe is made to the ASTM A-790 specification.

Two major orders. One for a hot process water piping system in a synthetic rubber plant. It replaced 304L that was suffering underinsulation cracking in less than 9 months time. Roughly 500 feet is installed

Another is for reactor internals for a process to make biodegradable plastics. Used as a cost down to 316L. 40,000 feet involved. System to be installed in mid 2007.

Edstainless, I'm looking for pipe from 2" up to 16" diameters. We're a fabrication company in Tennessee and would like a supplier in North or South America. Thanks for the info.

LDX2101 is the Outokumpu grade, they will offer both plate and large diameter pipe. I am not sure where their bottom end cut-off is anymore. The plate will come in from nothern Europe, or be rolled at their mill in Indiana. The own a pipe mill in Fl.
(Trent Tube only works up through 4" outside diameter (3 1/2" pipe))

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Rust never sleeps
Neither should your protection

LDX 2101 sheet is made by Outokumpu in Sweden, plate for the North American Market is produced in New Castle, Indiana. To this point welded pipe is being made at the mill in Wildwood, FL. Bar is made at the Richburg, SC mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back