Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

LEAP Consys

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSUCivlEng

Civil/Environmental
Jan 12, 2009
US
It appears Consys doesn't work anymore with the demise of LEAP Bridge. Can anyone recommend a good, simple program that does continuous beam analysis for live load and static loads?

I have QConBridge from WSDOT, but you can't create custom live loads in it.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

concrete or steel? if you want steel AISC SIMON is free and will do line girder analysis and design.

PennDOT PSLRFD and STLRFD are really simple, yet powerful, concrete and steel offerings.

If you are looking for influence lines you could use any of the market options, STAAD, RISA, etc but you need model and apply live load manually.

Thanks for the replies. I don't need a design program like PSLRFD, STLRFD or SIMON. I am looking for a simple analysis program that can calculate moment and shear for continuous and simple beams with a moving live load. CONSYS did that along with customizable load combinations as well and it was extremely user friendly.

bridgebuster said:
a little off topic, I find that SIMON line girder designs are overly conservative.

I agree, I use it for preliminary analysis to quickly size up some member for alternatives. STLRFD gives a better design result and provides, construability checks, and gives nice outputs for use in additional design (bearings, splice plates, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back