Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Learning Check-mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinytimx

Military
Jul 31, 2013
US
I am trying to find some more information on learning to code for checkmate. The help files that come with NX are good but I was wondering if anyone knew of more in depth info. Such as lessons our exercises that can be followed.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We used to have a 'Check Mate for Dummies' booklet that you could get from our local sales offices. I'm trying to see if they're still available or not.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hello,

As far as I remember, there exist a few presentations for Check-Mate and Knowledge Fusion in the PLMWORLD.ORG document archive, which can help to get on track with this tool. Nevertheless it would be nice, if the Checkmate for Dummies will become available.

Regards

Matthias

Unfortunately the iconic 'Check-Mate for Dummies' booklet is no longer in print (it was originally published in 2006). Besides, it's a bit out-of-date as a lot of water has gone over the bridge since then. Note that I am looking for something a bit more modern and will let you know what I find.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

It's an old expression I used to hear as a kid. I know it was supposed to be "water over the dam" or "under the bridge" but the guy who used to say it loved spoonerisms.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

There is also an on-line, self-paced 'Learning Advantage' class covering Check-Mate that you can get from our professional training organization, as shown below (image file also attached below):

Check-Mate%20Learning%20Advantage_zpsq8pzttzi.png

For more information about the 'Learning Advantage' suite of class offering, please go to:

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back