Learning FEA 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainikmohan

Materials
Nov 28, 2016
AE
Dear All,
Good Day to you all. Is there a simple self study material for learning FEA concepts. I want to specialize in FEA but, unfortunately I have not undergone a course. If you find it please share with me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

unfortunately FEA ist not that 'simple' ..........
Do you want to study the theoretical background or just leran how to use a FEA Program ??
There are plenty of good books on the market.....

Take a look at Building Better Products with Finite Element Analysis by Adams and Askenazi. I think it's out of print but maybe a used copy on bookfinder

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

I can recommend this book too. It's the best practical guide to FEA. Another interesting book of this kind is "Practical Finite Element Analysis" by Gokhale. However books can't replace courses and especially own practice.

Despite being an avid self-learner, there's really no experience for working in a consultancy from a talented senior engineer.

After all you can't become the worlds best racecar driver through reading a few mechanical engineering textbooks.

Learning through books and accompanied by software verification problems/examples will be easy and very effective. Check the FAQ section of this forum for reference books.

faq727-2021

I agree with ukbridge that,in the end,the best learning will be to work under an experienced mentor. Getting to grips with the theory can be done by self-study.
Running the examples from the software instruction manuals is an effective part of the learning process. All the best!

Andries

I agree with Andries, but IMHO an experienced mentor is a resource like any other, albeit an invaluable one. There is no substitute for putting in the time and using the software for yourself. If in the process, you don't fully understand how something works, use the resources available to you. Are you looking for theoretical or practical learning material? As someone who is relatively new to FEA myself, I would suggest you order this book: and download the free trial of Femap from Siemens (I am not marketing for Femap, I just find it to be the most user friendly). It is also my opinion, that the training material quantity and quality for Femap is superior to other software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back