Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Learning Guidance 1

Oct 19, 2024
IN
Hi all, this is my first thread here. I have recently joined as a trainee engineer in design dept. I want to learn more to expand my knowledge in designing and pressure vessels. It's been 6 months since I joined. I have always had interest in this field, but I'm not able to find the right material or path in order to learn more about this. Bring a fresh graduate of bachelor's in mechanical, 2024. I want to learn more about pressure vessels and their nuances. Usually people say read the Code or TEMA or API. But I want to know what else I can do apart from this to enhance my knowledge and skills. What are the other skills i would require as a design engineer to succeed in the future.
If someone could help me out it would be really really great for me. Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It will be more appropriate to post this in 'Student Engineer General Discussions' group.

But, generally speaking, you can be a member of ASME, where you get free access to large number of books.

One book may be of specific interest to you:
Pressure Vessels: The ASME Code Simplified, 9th Edition
Robert F. Stricker, P.E.J. Phillip Ellenberger, P.E.

In addition, For a design engineer now-a-days, the use of specific software is a must, in addition to general software like Excel etc.

For a pressure vessel engineer, 'PVElite' is very popular.

Best of luck.

Engineers, think what we have done to the environment !

Back