Learning Solidworks (coreldraw expert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEU

Computer
Nov 30, 2004
AR
Hi, my 1st post to the forum.

I'm a long term Coreldraw user and I want to begin drawing in 3d, from what I read, SW is the best cad available.

I would like to know if there is any FREE tutorial for beginners on the web.

If not, what is the best way to begin using SW? I'm designing some simple objects (5 to 10 parts each) that have threads.

These parts then will go to a CNC shop for machining.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have a copy, start with the online tutorial built into SolidWorks (under the Help pulldown). Then try the Introducing SolidWorks PDF (also under Help).

thanks for the prompt replies, I just began with the online tutorial, but my question remains, is there any (other) online free tutorial?

Thanks again

thanks for the replies, I'm currently doing the online tutorial and next in line will be the one suggested by jeff!

Hi Kroth, that link is unavailable, I searched google for [ "I get it" solidworks] and found some links but no free ones.

Thanks

Sorry - I finally figured it out ---

The course (very good basic skills) is offered by --- from them you can get a 3 day free trial --

I got this info from my reseller ---, and it is for a longer period, as promo, probably.

I suggest you go to your/a reseller for longer access, perhaps SW has a deal with cadpo

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back