Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lenovo P71 with Nvidia Quadro P4000 and 4K screens 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiW979

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

We've just bought some new laptops for our consultants, the laptops come with 4K screens which are pretty useless with NX, even NX11 with its 4K role doesn't work properly, the computers and graphics cards/drivers are all certified by Siemens, however, they don't scale the icons and menus correctly, so if anyone else has experienced this and managed to fix it please could you advise us as to what you did to fix it, for anyone who is considering buying these, please take this into consideration. We have been working extensively with GTAC on the issue too.

Cheers

Si.

Best regards

Simon

NX7.5 NX8.5 NX9 NX10
NX Consultant

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have nothing to add to the original question.

- Does 4K resolution add anything of value to "regular cad work" ?
I could imagine that it does if the screen is say 100 Inch, but a 15' laptop ?
I can imagine that it might do a difference when watching movies but again...

with 4 times the number of pixels, doesn't that require 4 times the graphics power ?

Regards,
Tomas

High DPI screens are wonderful as images and text can look much crisper, sadly high dpi support is very lackluster on windows and all sort of scaling issues usually crop up. Quadro P4000 cards should be able to run NX at 4k with usable frame rates, but with that said I would prefer to run the system at 1080P for higher framerates and no scaling issues.

Thanks for the tips, I have changed the resolution from full resolution of 2560 x 1920 down to 2048 x 1152 and it works a treat. Doesn't look compromised in the slightest.

Best regards

Simon

NX7.5 NX8.5 NX9 NX10 NX11
NX Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back