level indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary50

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2006
FI
Hi collegs,

Our company is building in Finland vacuumtankers to spread liquid manure on fields.
When the tanker is filled by the vacuum, the customers would like to know how much there is liquid manure in the tanker.
I have been looking for a low-cost electric or electonic device for the purpose. 12 volts DC is available.
Can anyboby help ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Float switches are an economical option for tank level. Using multiple floats will enable you to identify discrete levels. Perhaps having 1/3, 2/3 and full.

Depending on size and shape of tank a sight level gage may work. Although you would have to evaluate the effectiveness of the glass with your intended liquid.

I am very familiar with the system that my Dad's 5,000 gallon liquid manuer tanker had. It had a 6" diameter float on the end of an arm that rotated on a shaft mounted perpendicular to the end wall of the tank. The level was simply read with an arrow attached to the shaft. You could do the same thing with a sealed bearing and put either an arrow or rotary sensor on the shaft. ISZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back