Li ion battery packs with BMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans NC

Mechanical
Apr 3, 2019
DK
Hi

I am to assemble Li Ion battery packs to power my boat motor. I have found batteries (Samsung 30Q, 3000mAh), racks and nickel strips for assemble. However I have difficulties finding a proper BMS system.

My plan was to make 5 modules of 12S10P , giving me approx 48V at 30Ah for each module. Then wire the 5 modules together in parallel and get 150Ah in total. Each module would than have 12S10P BMS for at least 30Ah. But the supplyer could not recommend this setup.

My mayor is mechanical engineering. I did a lot of research on battery packs but still missing out on the BMS.

What sort of BMS system am I looking for?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Recharge via solar long term, or by plugging into the dock? Or will the boat be left under tarp and be covered up out of the water on a trailer between trips?

Motor input should be 48V and it can deliver 9kW.

I do not know. I planned to connect the 5 packs in parallel and charge them all together.

Batteries I intended to use is Samsung 30Q Li Ion 18650 batteri. Each battery is 3.7V, capacity of 3Ah and CDR (continuous discharge rates) of 15A. Which gives my 5x 10series enough to power the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back