Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Libreoffice Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
I have some text that I've downloaded and when it shows up in Libreoffice, the text is surrounded by a 'border'. Can someone describe how this can be formatted to remove the border?

Clipboard01_wnhy3x.jpg

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Where was it downloaded from? Also, Libreoffice has 3 components, Writer, Calc, and Impress, so which of them is seeing the problem?
Finally, which version of Libreoffice is it? 24.2 appears to be the latest.

Using Libreoffice Writer and the text was from a website; it's a feature of the formatting.

I've overcome it, a bit. Highlighting and using <Ctrl><C> for the text in Writer. My son showed me using <Ctrl><Shift><V> just to paste the plain text without formatting. This seems to work.

Thanks... problem solved for now.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

I didn't know you could cut and paste using unformatted text before.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Without knowing more about the source I would suggest pasting as unformatted text.

Ooo eee ooo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang
Ooo eee ooo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang

Yup... concur...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back