Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licensing for Boiler and Pressure Vessel Repair and Alteration implementation in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedweld

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2009
US
I am a US company that performs specialty work in Pressure Vessels.
We have an ASME Program and perform our work in the field under our NBIC R certificate.
I am setting up a company in China to perform this work.
I need to know what licensing or certification is needed in China that is equivalent to NBIC R stamp.

I do not manufacture a product nor do I need certification to export pressure vessels into China.
I want to operate in China as a Chinese company.

I would appreciate to hear if anyone has similar experience.

pedweld

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest you contact your Inspection Agency and let them assist you in determining the above requirements.

Yes, thanks for your reply, that was my initial attempt. They put me in touch with their Chinese country manager in Shanghai. He was able to answer questions about becoming certified as a US supplier to export pressure vessel equipment to China, but had no idea how to get licensed in China to perform repairs and alterations as a Chinese company.

There may be no requirements for repair activities in China.

I would recommend contacting the ASME Section VIII staff secretary. The CIWG (China International Working Group) is established to help collaborate on items such as this. I'm sure they could steer you in the right direction.

Thank you Mr168. I will do so immediately. Will report on results.

The National Board of boilers and pressure vessels visited China back in the '70's or '80's, contact them for a possible answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back