Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licensing questions for Pro-E, or other options for programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

21tech

Computer
Aug 29, 2012
US
Hello,
I am an IT admin for a local pattern shop and I need some help. I thought this would be a great place to get some help and ideas for what other people are using.

Right now we have 2 seats for Pro E and about 15 people who need it. No one designs anything in it, they just need to view models from companies we work with. I am looking for suggestions or ideas to get around buying a license for each person because it is so expensive and we are just viewing. Is there another program we could use? It needs to be able to view these files, prt. dwg. drw. and convert files to .igs . They also need to be able to change color of drawing, get all dimensions and mass properties.

Any help would be great, thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What program are you using to do your CAD work in? Most of the ones I know have an optional module that allows you to open CAD files from another system, especially Pro/E.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Delcan used to have a viewer that would read files from most CAD vendors. See if they have an import module for Pro/E files.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

The problem with using that Delcam software is that the engineers are using it 24/7 so the licenses are already being used and the engineers are in a separate office

I have tried, the free Creo Viewer, the free delcam viewer, and the free E drawings and they all didn't won't let you measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back