Liebherr Crane RAL colours 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzlo

Electrical
May 28, 2021
US
Greetings,

Would anyone happen to know the typical Liebherr RAL numbers? I'm currently involved in a project that includes touching up the paint of the ship-to-shore crane made by Liebherr but the drawings that came with it did not indicate the top coat color. It's not the typical grey and yellow colours and it's closer to a shade of orange. I believe it to be 3022 but I cannot find any documents to confirm this. If anyone has any information about I would be greatly appreciate it. Attach is a picture of the crane for visual representation. The model is a P120 B Super.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=91d6b7b5-fbf0-44c6-a4ef-01732c64e8e8&file=P4060949.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are going for like-new, pick something close and paint the entire thing. No one will know.

If you are painting areas that are getting the corrosion removed then get a big paint sample book to find a faded orange to better match so the new paint won't stand out so much.

Or go for the full contrarian and create large bandaid stencils and own the change with a completely different one.

Orange is one of the colors that fades like crazy; red and yellow are rather susceptible as well. Considering they all absorb short wavelengths rather than reflecting them that is likely a major contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back