Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lighting Design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizgar

Electrical
Aug 25, 2003
Hi,
Is there any website or any one can providing a free ebook about lighting design (indoor, outdoor, industrial...etc), I need information and examples about lighting design.
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thank you,I browsed the above sites and I got good information but if we assume that we have a building with 4 flates or a factory what type of calculation we must do and which formulas must be used.

Use zonal cavity for indoor applications and iso-footle for outdoor applications. There is a lot of free software available from hundreds of light fixture manufactures . Contact your local lighting rep or search the web by brand.

You need to know a little about the footcandle requirements for different occupanies. Try getting this information from the IES site. They charge $300 for there guide book but it cover most applications. If your a rookie try looking in the local library for any IES books on lighting or any books on lighting -there are hundreds of them. IES offers courses for certification to do lighting. Try them first. Lighting is not that complicated but it is intentive and require a lot of imperial know how. That is where the IES comes in they set the standard for lighting like the NEC does for electrical construction.

Anybody can just stick a light some place and that will work-maybe. But if you are a professional and want to do design work then try courses and the IES.

Finally-The local lighting representatives will offer free calcs if you use there products and that is what a lot of design people do.

Question to Rizgar (Electrical) Dec 9, 2003 marked ///\\thank you,I browsed the above sites and I got good information
///Please, what kind of information have you obtained, specifically?\\ but if we assume that we have a building with 4 flates or a factory what type of calculation we must do and which formulas must be used.
///There is software available for free if you are interested to perform the lighting calculations by yourself. The software is easy to use. It is just necessary to become familiar with it. The above posting already suggested how to approach to the calculations, and an alternative, to contact the lighting fixture manufacturer representative for the major support. There is also IES Lighting Calculation Handbook. It sells for over 400US$.\\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back