Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line colors and layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroundhere

Petroleum
Sep 21, 2006
US
This is probably fundamental, or I hope. I just upgraded to 2013 SP4. On my drawings, my colors on the drawing are coming out black. For example, I have the a DIM layer that is blue. Whe I dim something, it will come out black even though Im in the DIM layer. Or, when I go to change a line (dim or CL) to a certain layer, its black. I can change the color with LINE COLOR, this is a pain. Ive tried the color display mode, but no luck. Thoughts?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure you have DIM layer selected in your Template... what ever layer is selected and its different than the layer you want it will come out the color of that layer. What Layer is active is how its saved in the Template.

Another solution could be that you have "Color Display Mode" turned on. This will change the color of all your layers.

Finally check the color using "Line color" to make sure its still set to default.

All these icons can be found under your "Line Format" toolbar.

Good luck,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

This is a dumb thing that Solidworks does in my opinion; you have to change the system properties. Tools>Options>System Options>Colors and under color scheme settings you can change the colors of any types of lines that are defaulted in Solidworks, there should be "Dimensions, Imported (Driving)" and "Dimensions, Non Imported (Driven)" this is probably what you're looking for.

ok guys...It was a simple click. Sbaugh hit it with the "line color" set to default. I set it to default, and now im back on the road and moving again. I remember now in the previous drawing that I changed the color of a few lines. I would think this would go back to default when starting a new drawing, but it didnt. Thanks for the replies guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back