Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line-Earth Voltage in 3Phase unbalance loads 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAZ13

Electrical
Apr 21, 2011
DE
Hi all,

If we have a 3phase unbalance load (400V L-L, 230V L-N nominal voltages), which all loads are on 1phase and the other phases are unloaded, is it expected that L-E voltage in unloaded phases changes? (anything rather than 230V?)

I know that by unbalance loading, neutral point displaces and neutral voltage is something rather than 0. Therefore I expect L-N voltage changes on all phases. But my question is about line to earth voltage.
I ask this question because software simulation of such unbalanced load by DIgSILENT power factory shows such strange results!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For the 5-conductor cable side VL1E it is the bus voltage Va minus one-time VN and VL1N it is Va minus two times VN.
VL2E=VL2N and VL3E=VL3N
However, the accurate calculation it has to be done in complex.

I'm sorry, my mistake! According to my definition V2E = VR-0 [ground], so V2E ≠ V2N [same as V3E]. This means that V2E and V3E are nonsense. Also, basically, V2N and V3N are not usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back