Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line follow command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dool

Marine/Ocean
Jun 6, 2003
US
I am using the CAD Overlay program. I have imported a raster image and am tracing over a coastline on a nautical chart. Does anyone know of a way to window the lines and use the line follow command? I know it can be done, I am just not sure how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
JD

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nobody is familiar with this command? If anyone has the slightest idea of how to follow a raster line with a line or polyline please help me out. At the moment I cannot find the manual for CAD Overlay. Thanks again.
JD

Hi JD,
I don't know CAD-Overlay. If I have to convert (raster-)lines, I would use "_sketch" (SKPOLY = 1). Funny command. I hope You have only one coastline, and not the coast of Indonesia ...

Best luck, Lothar

Win NT4.0 (SP6),
ACAD 2000i (SP2), ADT 3.0 (SP3),
ACAD 2002, ADT 3.3,
OCÈ 5200

Hi there Dool

I used GTX Rastercad+ and this has a raster snapping facility so if I am tracing an image I don't have to zoom in to ensure that my vector AutoCad line is over the raster line.
Does cad overlay alow you to snap to raster endpoint of raster nearest point?

Regards

The Welshman

Thanks Welshman. I believe there is a specific line follow command. You have to window the area you want to work in. Right now I am just tracing with osnap off, but for what I want to do I know there is an easier way. I am still looking for the users manual. Thanks again.

I haven't used Cad Overlay in a long time, so this may be of no help. We are now on Raster Design. Under Image->Vectorization Tools->Polyline Follower or Image->Vectorization Tools->Contour Follower would be what you are looking for.

Good Luck!

Stephen E. Motichek
Project Consulting Services, Inc.

Thanks SEMott. Still trying to muddle through this. I tried what you said and it is not working for me. Do you know if you have to window or highlight a work area? I found my manual but still not helping me yet. This is driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back