Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line types and colours from SW to ACAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

desCANADA

Automotive
Nov 24, 2003
CA
When bringing in a drawings from SW to Autocad, colours dont seem to match. Also trying to get demensions and object colours configure is just plan difficult.

Any suggestions working with colours with SW2004?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check back a couple of pages in the threads - this was answered recently.

BTW: CorBlimeyLimey - I know you will read this.... I don't limit my self to the defenseless, in fact remember excellent steaks in the past that looked pretty mean customers when they were still upright. But I definitily agree on the gravey :)

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

A hobbit's lifestyle sounds rather pleasant...... it's the hairy feet that turn me off.

hi,
pls read CorBlimeyLimey FAQ for linetypes and its scale details and for colors u have to create layers in solidworks based on colors. then save as dwg/dxf and open this into autocad. i think it will clear ur problem....
thanks,
regards,
Murugan.S
Sr. Design Engineer,
CAD/CAM Research Center,
GlobalSoft Pvt Ltd,
New Delhi, INDIA.
murugan_subham@yahoo.com

Is there a thread number anyone has? I searched CorBlimeyLimey posts and didnt find FAQ for linetypes in his posts.

thanks

Matt

I think murugansubham means this one - It's listed under FAQ tab of this forum - faq559-863 - "Can I change the scale of lines in a drawing?"

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

I don't think my FAQ will help you much in going from SW to Autocad, unless you make up special linetypes to suit.
I have never needed to try, but can you not succesfully "map" the linetypes when saving as dxf/dwg? Type "map" in the index section of the help file.

BTW: Why would you want to go backwards to Autocad anyway? Why can't you use SW drawings? Why are you worried about colours? Before computers people used pencils or black ink ... no-one drew in coloured pencils then ... so why now?

[cheers] from Barrie, Ontario.

[bigsmile] I love defenseless animals, especially in a good gravy. [bigsmile]
faq559-863

I've tryed using the Map function. It works very well, for some drawings. Im not sure why some drawings come out with the proper colour, and why some dont. For some drawings it will covert hidden lines to continues ones, (using same map file as ones that work). Because its iradic, its difficult to isolate problem.

I need to convert to autocad, because the customer still uses it.

With the drawings that convert from hidden to solid lines, check that there are not several hidden lines on top of each other. That could make it appear to be solid.
Send your customer a free copy of eDrawings. It works for SW & AutoCad. It might just be whats needed to show hm the error of his ways [wink]

[cheers] from Barrie, Ontario.

[bigsmile] I love defenseless animals, especially in a good gravy. [bigsmile]
faq559-863

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back