Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

line visibility at different viewing angle

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiwindsurf

Mechanical
May 23, 2006
US
I am having trouble to have a split line displayed when it is exposed. I created an surface body S first, then I split it with a split line L. When I view this surface with split line from different angles, although in all angles the whole split line L is visible, in some cases only a portion of the split line is shown, not the whole line.

I got very frustrated with this, so I replace the split line L with a very narrow rectangular surface cut, hoping to see the whole rectangular cut from all angles, but the same happened: in some angles, only portion of the rectangular is shown.

Help!!

PS: this there a way to attach a file here?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's the Mirror feature which is causing the disapearing lines. You have mirrored the whole body, and by doing so have covered the cut with the un-cut half of the body.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

For a quick fix, suppress or delete the Mirror1 feature, then mirror the Surface-Extrude1 body, then do a Surface Trim using the newly mirrored body.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back