Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line width of dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanKoch

Materials
Jul 19, 2004
DE
Hello,

i'm working wih I-DEAS 8m4 on Unix workstations. After modelling my parts I`m doing the drafting now. I want to set up different line width (very thin with 0.05 mm and normal with 0.3 mm) I`m able to change the line width for ordinary lines but i struggle to change it for dimensions. They always stay at least thin. Its possible to change the width to other pre installed styles but this is definately insufficient.
Thank you

Ilja

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, after solving the problem I will answer my self!
First of all, I I mean the line weight not width or anything….
The problem was to change the line WEIGHT of the dimensions to any other than the default value. I phoned the support and they gave me the final point.
The dimensions may not be changed to any other value than the preinstalled thin, thick and medium. The only way to get proper drawings is to change the line weight for the preinstalled weights. You have to open the masterdrafting.cfg with a text editor. Search for

mm_weights
mm_weight 1() ! thin
mm_weight 2() ! medium
mm_weight 3() ! thick
end

now you may change the weight by defining a new ascii file with the following content:

lineweight:
1.000000000000000E+00
2.000000000000000E+00
end:

the first number is your weight in mm and the second the pixel weight for the display (1-15). Be sure to use no breaks and spaces not signed here!
Type the filename of this short file right between the parenthesis.

mm_weights
mm_weight 1(newthin.fnt) ! thin
mm_weight 2(newmedium.fnt) ! medium
mm_weight 3(newthick.fnt) ! thick
end

That’s it. And, to my surprise, you can find all this in the bookshelf by searching for masterdrafting.cfg…..

I thank myself for a week of doom solving the problem of lineweights in the 21 century….
I love computers.

vanKoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back