Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Line widths and printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1423

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2005
US
I am on NX1872, just moved up from NX10
I am totally befuddled working with line widths.
I see the drafting text is controlled by thin, normal, and thick line widths, and I see where that is defined in the customer defaults.
Everything else has its line width defined by a number, which is the thickness of the line in mm.

I have never printed by color, and don't want to go down that path.

When I make a PDF, I don't understand most of the custom width settings.
I understand the settings for thin, normal, and thick, but what are all those custom widths ?
If I have a line width specified as a certain thickness on the drawing, that is the way I want it printed. How can I do that ?

In my pdf below all the dimension lines and the dimension itself should be the same thickness, and the object lines should be a thicker width, but that is not the way it looks.

If there is documentation I can access on this please let me know.
I need to get these drawings out !
junkla_znc1hm.jpg

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

in the NX helpfiles you might find what you are looking for. (I used NX12 helpfiles,don't know if there is much difference compared to your version)

Line widths and NX versions

Above link just explains the difference between versions, but on the right side panel you might find more topics.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back