Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

linear actuator for hydraulic application 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyel1500

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2022
CA
I'm looking for some type of linear actuator that can handle a light load (~200lbs force max), with variable stroke (0-6") [increments aren't super important, 1/2" would still be fine], that can actuate and reverse in rapid succession (needs to make full 6" stroke within 1 second) for up to an hour.

Attempting to make a pulsatile hydraulic pump for part testing.

If anyone is aware of where to start the search or knows of suppliers please let me know.

Bonus points if you can find one that operates on 120v.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest you contact a local industrial automation distributor such as Motion Industries, Bertelkamp, or other similar outfits. They have people that can walk you through the process, help you select the right device, and help you get it running. As far as manufacturers, well there's Thomson Industries, Tolomatic, Warner Electric, Duff Norton, Exlar, Lintech, Nook Ind., Parker Hannifin, and dozens more. You could probably even get one off the shelf from McMaster, but not if you're looking for design, application, and setup assistance. That's why I say call a local automation distributor. Talk to a live person. They all have application engineers whose only job is to help you succeed. Use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back