Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linear Cutting Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzandy

Mechanical
Jan 16, 2008
CN
Hi, our company is planning to purchase a professional linear cutting machine for precisely processing the structural ceramic products according to our engineer's drawing. Hence, anybody can help to provide some useful info or recommend some manufacturer of this sort of linear cutting machine for our application? Many thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might mention what size range you need to cut and precision required. Diamond wheel is common but also used are diamond wire, water jet and others.

1. thanks for you info, our company so far aims to process 24" ceramic product, for instance, ceramic tube or ceramic ring. so the processing range is from 1/2" to 24", anticipate someone could provide some useful manufacturer info about this kind linear cutting manchine. thanks a lot!
2. In the meantime, our company also wanna purchase the ceramic ball grinding machine, the size of ceramic ball is from 1" to 12". As far as i known, An US based company called Lapmaster can produce this kind hihg precision manchining tool, is there anybody can provide more manufacturer info to me? contact me: andybear513@hotmail.com many thanks!

For "Cut to Length" applications, a water cooled diamond edged circular saw would work. The kind used for cutting ceramic kitchen tiles could possibly be used.

There a machines for making balls from rocks. They are basically two counter rotating cones with the rough ball in between. The cutting is done using an abrasive slurry. These are often used by amateur "Rock Hounds"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back