Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linear Pattern with Increasing Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakvett

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2011
US
I want to make a drill bit organizer. It consists of sheet metal with a hole for each size of drill bit. A very basic part, I just want to know if there is a shortcut in the modeling. My plan is to linear pattern (sketch or feature) a single hole. My question is, is there a way to linear pattern while increasing the size of the hole by a set amount with every instance? Ex. the first hole is 1/8" the next is 1/4", etc. I know I can just dimension each hole, but again, I'm just wondering if there's a quick way to model such things.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have attached an example of using the vary sketch feature, but I need to know how to modify it. As you can see in the part, the linear pattern is derived from the distance between the center of each circle. Because of this, the edges must get closer together as the radius increases. How can I change the pattern to keep the minimum distance between the circle's edge constant?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=09487a7b-11bc-4f76-9e4d-53b74db2b192&file=Vary_Sketch.SLDPRT
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back