Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linear pattern 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi808nv702

Computer
Dec 21, 2004
US
In a concrete slab 6" thick, I drew a horizontal line indicating my rebar, which is 1 3/4" off both edges, I then made a circle 1/2" diameter and cut-sweep the line.
I want to do a Linear Pattern for the cut-sweep (spacing at 12", number of instances 5). My problem is picking the "features to pattern", I've picked on the 6" thk. concrete slab for the direction to go from south to north,
I can't pick on the (cut-sweep) rebar. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Darn .. hit the wrong button.

What I was leading up to in my first post was, make sure you select the surface of the cut-extrude if in the graphics area. If the feature is encased in the main block you may have to use the Select other in the RMB dropdown. It is easier select the feature in the FM tree.

BTW - why are you using a Cut-sweep. A regular Cut-extrude would do the same job & make for a smaller file size.

[cheers]

It sounds like you swept multiple circular profiles along a single path to form your rebar. Just goes to show the many ways to accomplish a given task within SW.

You might find it more stable to use a single cut extrude for future edits of your part and to pattern the cut feature. For now, it seems like it works as you need.

Jeff Mowry
Reality is no respecter of good intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back