Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lines of unknown origin in Catia v5 drawing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qluq

Marine/Ocean
Jan 22, 2014
NL
Hi everyone,

Catia is putting some lines in a drawing, that i would like to get rid of, but can't seem to. Please see the attached screenshot.

It happens in a hatched section view of a plate washer with two chamfered holes that is also chamfered around the perimeter. I hope you can see it, but on the left and right extreme ends of the view it looks like there are lines added just outside the part and just inside the part. I cannot select them and they won't go away by unselecting axis lines and center lines and such in the view properties.

unknown_lines_a4av6l.png

Anyone have an idea what these are and how to get rid of them?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I remember well, CATIA will have big thick lines around area with no hatching when there should be some hatching. I see two options to avoid the problem:
scale up the view so cut area will be big enough to receive hatching (if hatching is not scalable)
change the hatching definition so the hatching lines are closer to each other, thus showing up the the empty area

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back