Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lines on top of each other when referencing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1jet

Petroleum
Apr 30, 2007
AU
Hi all,
I am new to the Microstation game and it's been quite an exciting challenge. My current issue has been editing a drawing I've referenced in from another.

Merging the reference into the master for some reason didn't work so I simply just copied the drawing then deleted the link to the reference.

Now I've been able to started editing the drawing but there is the pain of having up to 3 lines on top of each other. For some lines I cannot even change the line pattern and they have to be re-drawn. Is there a simple way to have the whole drawing "flattened" (as in Adobe Photoshop) or is there an easier way to merge everything into the master?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's OK I've figured out how to merge properly and it's made things less complicated.

The problem with copying (and then deleting the copied reference link) is that it left the 3D nature of the elements which made it impossible to use some tools such as "delete partial"

You can also set everything to zero if you are running inroads. The command is Surface->Design Surface->Set Elevation. Not sure if there is a way using Microstation tools.

you may find it easier to use Export to make a copy of the 3d refile as a 2d dgn before you ref /merge that 2d or copy the 2d data into your base file this eliminates the need for additional tools such as modz.ma or inroads program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back