Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

link for the step files viewer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

movia

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2007
GB
hi

I just need to send some files to one of my purchasing guy.He does not have any 3d software.I am planning to send him step files.But any of you guys are aware of any viewer available in the web for free so that he can see the step files or can you suggest me any of the work around.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thanks for the reply

but i need to send them as individula files and not as assemby, and in catia we can save as 3dxml only for assy

Hi,

You can change the 3DXML extension in zip, unzip that file in a folder and you will have all parts in that assy individually saved as 3DXML. Its not so hard to insert your parts in an assy...and save as 3DXML...

Regards
Fernando

Open a new CATProduct-Insert-Existing component, choose your CATParts (all in one shot if you want, it doesn't metter in which position will come in your assy), save the CATProduct as 3DXML, go in Win Explorer (or other program), rename your just saved file - say File.3DXML - to File.zip, unzip this file with extension zip in a folder and you will have there all your CATParts saved as 3DXML (File1.3DXML, File2.3DXML a.s.o.).

I suppose that you don't want your purchaser to see your assy, isn't it?

In addition, these files can't be used to recreate the initial 3D model, you can't do nothing with them (measure or whatever) its just for presentation....

You can download the 3DXML viewer from DS website.

Regards
Fernando

Movia - change the file extension to .rar or .zip (I cant remember which one, I am not at my office machine to check - sorry) Unzip the file using winrar or winzip. This will break down the assembly of parts in 3Dxml.

Regards,
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back