Link Parameter to iProperty 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

automationbabe

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2003
US
I'm using Inventor 11.

Is there a way to link model parameters to a Custom iProperty field?

I was hoping to link material overall dimensions to a material description field. For example:

Tube; 1/4"wall X 2 X 4 x 20" long

I would like all the numeric values link to the parameters.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Open the ipt file and launch Parameters command (Tools->Parameters or the
toolbutton in panel). Find the paramter of interest and check Export on the
far right. In this way, the parameter is being exported to Custom
iProperties. Then open your idw, and when you type in text change the "type" drop down to custom properties-model and your exported parameter should show up to the right in the property drop down then click the "x" with the down arrow next to the property and it will be inserted in your text.

Thank you. That is very close to want. I have one description field that populates our BOM and wanted the parameters linked to that one description. Best I can get so it looks clean is the cut length. We do a lot of weldments, and I wanted a way to make sure our cutlist was always correct.

I was hoping more for something along the lines of what this person did in the following link, but I didn't know if it was possible in some other way with R11.

For R11, we used an addin called LeaCar. It can extract parameters and output the information into a custom iProperty for you to use in cut lists.

I would offer a caveat though. If you are planning to upgrade INV to R2009 + I wouldn't bother with LeaCar as it gets buggy from R2008 on. But for R11 it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back