Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Linked body not showing in drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbharness

Mechanical
Aug 7, 2013
US
We have our models and drawing separate like most. I need to put a link body in the model space of a DWG. When i do the linked body will not show up. We've done this in the past without issue and in 22 years of NX, i haven't seen this.

Layers are visible, that particular layer is visible in view of the views, nothing hidden or blanked.

IT recently reinstalled NX. Is there a setting or other that will cause the linked body not to show in a drawing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you taking the view from the master model or the drawing model?

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

Is the layer Visible in View?

Not just on or visible but Visible in View

John Joyce
Manufacturing Engineer

NX 2007 Vericut 9.2.2

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” - Thomas Edison

The linked body may need to be put into the MODEL reference set manually.
I am not at my computer right now so I can't give instructions on how to do this, but if you need help on accomplishing this then let us know.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

As Ewh says, check if the view is taken from the model or the drawing.
the default "view origin" was changed a couple of years ago ( don't remember when) And if the view comes from the wrong one , the solid cannot be made visible.
( I looked at a drawing a couple of weeks ago where all views had to be recreated.)
The easiest way of checking is to start adding another view and have the preview mode set to shaded .

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Ewh and Toost are the winners. It was the Loaded Parts selection in the Base View tool.

I never change the loaded part of a new view, so i didnt think about it. That tool has caused us major issues, so our company does not allow its use.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back