Status
Not open for further replies.

sivamech

Mechanical
Sep 13, 2010
IN
Hi Guys,
Can any one answer the below questions?
1. Whether liquid details entered in PV Elite gives any impact on thickness calculation?
2. If liquid details are not entered by designer in PV Elite, what details will be considered automatically for thickness calculation?
3. Whether the design pressure "x" value entered in PV Elite is applicable for all types of media irrespective of air, nitrogen, fluid.. etc.?
4. How the liquid details entered in PV Elite has been used for calculation?

Regards
Siva

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sivamech, you are familiar with the concept of static head, correct? See the data entry for the fluid density...

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

Siva,

Do you have PVElite or access to it? I guess I really don't understand the intent of your questions. Intergraph generally provides a 30 day trial of their software for evaluation so if you do not have access to it I would suggest that route.

If the correct fluid density or S.G. is entered I have found it agrees with my hand calculation checks by adding the hydrostatic head to the design pressure. If nothing is entered then the other variables (pressure, wind, seismic, external loads, etc.) are considered.

As with any software it is advisable t review the output and see how the variables are utilized in the analysis/design and compare it with hand calculations or another software package which you have verified.

BR,

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back